Monday, July 7, 2014

Brownie I Can Actually Eat! (5 min brownie)

I know all of you are just on pins and needles shout-thinking, "It's been forever since you've posted!!" OK, not really. My mom's probably the only one who reads this. (Hey, mom.) But just in case, I have an update, and a recipe that had me jumping with excitement to share with you today.

I had a blood panel done to find out if I had food sensitivities. Let me just tell ya, it wasn't great. (Hence, me not posting in a while.) It pretty much turned my "healthy" diet onto it's head. I won't bore you with all the details of my life, but almonds and yeast were a 3. Yay for never eating baked things again! Or so I was thinking. 3 is terrible and a no go in my life. I'm trying to eliminate all of the sensitive foods (there are like 15 including the random "turkey") for about 12 weeks. Then, I'll try putting some of the lower ones back in. I have been dying without any form of sugar or chocolate. I've gotten pretty down thinking that I'll live a tasteless life forever. Little by little, with a lot of research, I've started to put some recipes together and figure out, yet again, a different healthy diet for me. This leads me to the recipe I want to share today!

I pretty much feel that I owe my life to Jacqueline G., author of livin the crunchy life blog, for this brownie recipe. I get intense chocolate cravings and just could NOT find a recipe for ANY baked good that didn't have gluten, nuts, sugar, dairy, or eggs. The recipe that didn't have gluten used almond flour. The one that didn't use sugar had eggs. The one that didn't use any of the other things needed butter. I was losin' my cotton-picking, sensitive mind. THEN, I stumbled upon this heavenly recipe. AND, you make a single serving, in the microwave, in like 3 minutes. AND it's mother fluffin' delicious that even your children will eat.

One Minute Molten Chocolate Brownie (gluten/dairy/egg/nut free)

Ingredients:
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2-2 tbsp honey (I only use one)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp coconut flour
1/8 baking soda
Dash of salt
1-2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk (I just used 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened SO coconut milk)
Chunk of baking chocolate or chocolate bar (optional- I don't use cause of the added sugar in chocolate)

Directions:

1. I added together all of the dry ingredients and mixed those together first.
2. Melt your coconut oil in your microwave safe mug/ramekin. (About 30 seconds for me)
3. Stir in honey and vanilla extract.
4. Mix in your pre-mixed dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. (yes it will be very thick)
5. Add milk a tablespoon at a time.
6. After mixing, allow to sit for a couple of seconds, so the coconut flour absorbs the liquid.
7. If you are adding a chocolate center, push that in the middle until covered with batter.
8. Microwave for 30 seconds, then 15 second intervals until the top is set.
(If you want a more cakey brownie, you can cook longer. However, this is made to be a little fudgey/gooey and eaten straight from the mug.)
9. Let sit for a couple minutes or you'll burn your tongue to oblivion.



If you want to make it in an oven (I see ya goody goody), she says to bake at 350-375 for 10-12 minutes. I haven't done this yet, but I'm sure it's tasty. Supposedly, it's also very good refrigerated for a couple hours and eaten later too, for those remarkable ones who can bake something and not eat it right away.

That's that! It's really easy, really quick, and really inexpensive. I love that I don't have to make a whole cake pan and watch the mold start to grow on it because I can't possibly eat it all in a week. Though, I won't lie to ya, I made 2 of these little mug beauties about an hour ago. I don't regret a thing.

Anyway, go check out her blog just because she saved my sweet tooth, and it looks like she has some other great recipes!

Enjoy!

~Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment