Monday, May 19, 2014

Ariel's Favorite Protein Shake (Choco-Peanut Protein Power)

I'm going to share my first recipe with you! I even came up with it on my own after testing out some other recipes!

There are a lot of protein shakes out there, but this is the best one I've made and tried, myself. Who out there loves Smoothie King? https://www.facebook.com/SmoothieKingCreveCoeur (What! What!) When I'm having a cheat day, I LOVE their Peanut Power Plus Chocolate. (I worked there for about 2 years, so I've had it plenty.) Well, I finally found a shake that tastes, to me, exactly like it, without all the not-so-great stuff in it! I despise the taste of chalky or thick gross protein powders, therefore what helps make this shake taste so good is the delicious protein powder that I buy. (Also, I have a really great blender.)

Choco-Peanut Protein Power

This recipe makes a full glass worth plus a little extra

(You can click on the ingredients to see which brands I used)

Ingredients-
1 cup- almond milk 
1/2- frozen banana (Peel before freezing. I keep frozen banana's at all times)
1 1/2 T- Peanut Butter (You could swap this for almond butter if you're paleo)
1/2 T- Raw Honey
1/2 T- Cocoa Powder
10- Ice Cubes

Directions

1: Place all ingredients in the blender + 5 ice cubes (I use the spear cubes, not crushed)
(I use this Ninja Blender)

2: Blend until you don't hear the chunks of ice cubes (About 30 seconds on my blender)

3: Add in the 5 remaining ice cubes

4: Blend until you don't hear the chunks of ice cubes (About 30 seconds on my blender)

5: Enjoy!

That's pretty much it! I find the ice cube and blending really important. If you want to skip those steps, I'm sure you can, but I like mine without a ton of ice chunks.

As you can see, I also added the exact brand of the ingredients that I use. I love this shake so much that I wouldn't switch out any of the brands I use. 

Now that I'm sufficiently hungry for this, I'm going to go make one. If you have any questions, comments, or compliments leave a comment below. See ya!

~Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment