Monday, May 19, 2014

Be My Guest (Welcome)

Welcome to my first blog post!

My name is Ariel. I'm 22 years old. I'm not a health mom. I'm not even necessarily a health nut. I don't have a debilitating disease (that I know of.) I'm just a young Christian women who grew up slamming quarter pounders from McDonalds and triple steakburgers from Steak N Shake, sleeping with make up on, staying out in the sun too long, downing 2-3 Dr. Peppers a day, and living a pretty normal childhood.

BUT.

For about 4 years now I've been on a journey to health. I've tried a lot of things along the way and, I'm sure, I will continue to. I've gone from eating everything, to eating Vegan (not the people, the diet), to Paleo, to gluten free, to sugar free. I've tried skincare ranging from Pro-active, to Repechage, to Dermalogica, to Doterra Oils.

NOW.

 I'm finding my own happy medium. It started with what I ate, then slowly started pouring into every part of my life. My next step will be cleaning products, and I'm still on a search for the best healthy shampoo/conditioner. This blog is for everyone and every aspect of life. If you don't eat meat, don't worry, you'll find something here. If you can't eat gluten, don't worry, you'll definitely find something here. If this is your cheat day (come on, we know it's a cheat WEEK anyway), I've got something for you too. If you're struggling to find the best make up, I'll share exactly what I've found. If you're looking for the best skin care line, I'll tell you what hasn't worked! If you need a great toilet cleaner that your kid isn't going to guzzle and end up in the ER over, I've researched that too.

Long story short, I've tried a lot. So, I figured, why not share what I myself have searched many blogs for, wasted many expensive ingredients on, and spent my bank account testing out?

On this blog, you'll find literally a little bit of everything healthy. Cleaning supplies, skin, teeth, nails, food, make up, oils, etc! Not all recipes will be ones that I've come up with myself, but they will be ones I faithfully use and, of course, give credit where credit is due.

If you're looking for a definition of my lifestyle, it's just simply healthy. Personally, I do my best to stay away from refined sugars (I use honey), gluten, parabens, parfumes, dyes, and restaurant meat (my hormones don't need any extra help). But, like I said, you'll find even a cheat day or 2 on here. I've found things that work, and A LOT that don't. I don't claim to know everything or own the book on health. I've never had a college edumacation for health/body. Plus, There are still things coming to light about what some things actually do to the body, so it will be an ever-changing journey.

This blog is just me doing life, and inviting you in to join along. Stick around and follow for the recipes I've found/find, tried/try, hated/hate, loved/love, and use.

~Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment