Friday, May 23, 2014

Ariel's Toothpaste Recipe

We use it every day, hopefully at least twice a day. Do we know what's actually in it? Toothpaste is the easiest thing to just make yourself. It takes about 5 minutes, which is pretty much the time it would take you inside the store to find a good one, let alone the drive there. I started making it myself 3 or so moths ago.

What I love about this recipe is, if you're reading this from your home right now, you have all the ingredients right there(Besides maybe the oils.) Keep in mind, these are salty ingredients. Yes, the toothpaste is salty.

Ingredients

3 tsp- baking soda
1 1/2 tsp- sea salt, finely ground
2 tsp- coconut oil (You can do it without this, but it's better with)
2 splashes- hydrogen peroxide
3-5 drops- On Guard (Prevents AND heals cavities)
3-5 drops- Peppermint (Freshens breath)
(read about peppermint&on guard here)

Directions

1. Add all the ingredients together in a glass container (unless you don't plan on using any Essential Oils. Then whatever container you want is fine)

2. Mix altogether

3. Test it out

4. Adjust your oils accordingly

5. Enjoy!

I like this toothpaste, not only because it's better for you than store bought, but because it leaves my teeth feeling really CLEAN and WHITE. If I feel like it hasn't freshened my breath enough, I will take a drop of peppermint on my finger and run it around inside my mouth or ONE drop to a glass full of water. I made the mistake of doing more than one drop one time. I haven't done that again. (SPICY!) If you just don't want to buy essential oils for whatever reason, you can use this tooth paste without, then use mouthwash, careful to not swallow. Natural/Organic mouthwash is better obviously. Like this one. If you look at the ingredients though, you'll see they're just using essential oils. Probably not very good ones either. It's better just to bite the bullet, cut out the middle man, and buy you some essential oils. 

That's my toothpaste recipe! I use it every day! You can just double the recipe to make a double batch. I imagine it does have a "best by" date, however, so be careful. If you want to try a different recipe, this blog has some great ones http://modernsurvivalblog.com/health/13-homemade-toothpaste-recipes/.

Happy brushing! ;)

~Ariel


No comments:

Post a Comment